cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

April 2024 Empties

Month-To-Date: 19

Year-To-Date: 129

4.2024 Empties 3.jpg

Spoiler

Everything here is a like. I would be happy to use any of these items but with my current stash, I don’t feel a need to run out to repurchase any. That said, I do have a full size of the Eadem (from a gift box for Lunar New Year 2023 that I plan to put in the rotation soon)

👍🏼  Laneige Lip Glowy Balm Pear has a faint, fresh, pear scent.

👍🏼  EO Intensive Moisture Hand Cream Orange Blossom & Vanilla smells subtly of orange creamsicle; and, that's not a bad thing. 

👍🏼  Supergoop Unseen Unsunscreen is one of the few chemical sunscreens that I really like.

👍🏼  Eadem Dew Dream Cleansing Balm isn’t bad. It’s. A jelly cleanser with a fresh, slightly herbal scent that is best used by emulsifying it in hands before massaging onto skin. A little goes a long way; makes for a nice second cleanse in the evening or as a morning cleanser.

4.2024 Empties 2.jpg

Spoiler

🙊  Armani Si Passione Eau de Parfum is fine; just not what I expected. On me, it has a strong herbaceous, almost grassy note at the beginning, which didn’t suit me. I ended up layering it with a couple of vanilla scents to make it more enjoyable. 

💖  Voluspa Sparkling Cuvée Candle is a scent I really enjoy - it’s a clean, fresh, bubbly mix of sweet citrus and floral notes.

🫤
  Kosas Wet Lip Oil is one of those items that when I have it on, I like it, but when I compare it to other similar lip oils, it doesn’t really standout. 

🐐
  Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissant Candle is one of the best candles from TJ. I’ll have to make sure to keep my eye out for when it comes back in stock.

🫤  Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum is nice. I’m coming to realize that printing serums may not work out as well for me as I would like them too, or don’t fit into my skincare to makeup routine as seamlessly as I’d like. It’s not bad, just not for me. 

4.2024 Empties 1.jpg

Spoiler

🐐 Eadem Dark Spot Serum was my intro to and still my favorite among all the Eadem products I’ve tried. I picked up a bottle during the sale as a backup. Consistency is the key and I’m planning being just that with my next bottle. 

👍🏼
 Threshold Luminous Apricot Mercury Glass Candle smells light, fresh and fruity but not overwhelmingly or cloyingly sweet.

💖  Biossance Body Cream is a great one! I like that it’s rich without being heavy, greasy or unwieldy - it applies smoothly and my skin absorbs it easily. Soft, supple hydrated skin. Unscented so it won’t compete with any perfume you may want to wear.

👍🏼 OleHenriksen Skin Barrier Strengthening Moisturizer is a nice moisturizer during the summer-to-fall and winter-to-spring transition periods. 

🫤  LYS Primer (sample) - This was fine enough, but there are just other primers I prefer. Has a noticeable tack / grip to it. I don’t mind it but just noting it here fyi. 

🐐 Rhode Peptide Glazing Fluid - I’ve tried my fair share of skincare products and this glazing fluid is one of my favorites. It, layered after the Eadem serum, has been a rockstar combination for my skin.

4.2024 Foils.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼  Oribe Alchemy Hair Mask was a lovely surprise. It’s cream and rich without being heavy or greasy. Applies easily and detangles. Hair looks and feel soft, smooth and healthy.  I’ll pick up a full size once there I’m made my way through a few hair mask I currently have in use. 

👍🏼 Shiseido makes beautiful eye creams and this Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream is very nice. Rich without being heavy or greasy. I just have eye creams I like already and a series of ones to get around to trying. 

4.2024 Foils 2a.jpg

Spoiler

🙊  I don’t usually have any issues with adherence and sheet or eye masks so I was surprised when the Dr. Dennis Gross eye mask wouldn’t stay put. This came in a pack of 4 and I’ve used 2 so far, and have had issues both times with keeping on the mask. 😌 

🐐 The Crème Shop Cica Mend Face Mask, on the other hand, adheres beautifully to the skin and stays on for the entire half hour that I typically have on the sheet - it’s also got a very cute print on jt. One of my favorite single-use, cica-based sheet masks.  

4.2024 Foils 2b.jpg

Emoji key:

Spoiler

🐐 = GOAT = Greatest Of All Time (have gone through at least two of the particular product and other comparable items)

😘 = Chef’s Kiss = Outstanding 

💖= Love 

👍🏼 = Like 

🫤 = Okay; “It’s fine.”; “meh

🔬 = Undecided = “Still looking into it

🙊 = Not for me = “It’s not you, it’s me.”

🙅🏻‍♀️ =  = “No, non, nein, nyet, …” 

Great job !! @itsfi 

@itsfi  awesome job with working your way through lots of products - so many good ones here! Beautiful photos as always, and I always love your thoughts & your emoji key!

@itsfi thanks for the mini reviews!  I've heard so many rave reviews about the Rhode glazing fluid--when I make my way through some of my skincare I'd love to try that one because it sounds so lovely.

@itsfi lots of great stuff

April empties and declutter: 35 (155/500)

IMG_20240502_103945437.jpg

Spoiler
The matcha business was not a favorite from the brand, but decent. 
I loved the spiced chai TJ candle

IMG_20240502_104416202.jpg

Spoiler
My favorites and products that get repurchased are: drunk elephant Protini, frudia blueberry hydrating toner and olaplex 3.

The farmacy balm is raspberry tea and is amazing, I seen today they have a raspberry chai available!! 

The rest are good and possibly will be repurchased at some point

IMG_20240502_104155399.jpg

IMG_20240502_104535588.jpg

Spoiler
These mascaras are great but they were flaking and ready to go

IMG_20240502_104648290.jpg

Spoiler
The concealer declutter needed to happen unfortunately, along with the item gloss I don't use currently 

That's impressive, @lmaster.  Sorry that the Matcha candle was a little lackluster.

@CookieGirl1 thank you! Not terrible but just meh 😑

@lmaster  fantastic job! I love the Farmacy balms and raspberry chai sounds wonderful - I will have to check that one out!

It's incredible! One of my favorites 😍 @caitbird thank you

Excellent work this month @lmaster 

Oooh I so wish the pharmacy balms were available here. Those fun scents sound so good. Raspberry Chai? That's really interesting. 🤩

Yes it was my favorite from the three minis in the collection @CynthieLu thank you 😊

@lmaster lots of fun stuff

Thank you! 😊 @CorgiMommy 

2024- 32/100
2024- 15 Destashes

Each month is getting smaller and smaller lol I need to step it up.

April Empties.jpg

Love-
Charcoal Nose Strip

Ok-
Sephora Coconut Water Mask

No Opinion-
Farmacy Honeymoon Glow- Noticed nothing.

April Destash.jpg

De-stash-
* Baby Don't Hurt Me Lipstick- Not my color and smells bad.
* Drunk Elephant Rosi Drops- Not my color.
* Summer Friday Sunscreen thing- Formula didn't like.
* Tom Ford Patrick- Formula has gone bad.

Slow empties months happen @Samtian you did great! 💖

Good job! @Samtian 

@Samtian  great job! Lol I hope to step it up too, especially with the destashes...it is a constant work in progress! 

@caitbird It definitely is!

Empties...

1000005088.jpg

And a rare de-stash...

1000005087.jpg

10,934 Replies
testing