Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Trader Joe’s Thread

I know we have threads dedicated to specific beauty brands but I didn’t really see one dedicated or updated for all things Trader Joe’s. It could be beauty, skincare, haircare, household or grocery items. Post your finds here so others could be on a lookout of what to find or is newly released at their local store. It could also be something you think people should try. Their beauty section is so underrated and most people don’t even know they have a beauty aisle.  Their candles and seasonal items are amazing and they always have unique snacks. 

3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg

Re: The Trader Joe’s Thread

IMG_5051.jpeg

image.jpg

Yes I have the Trader Joe’s body butter in Candy cane and Brazilian nut body butter. And the candy cane one even has shimmer!

Photo credit: traderjoes(dot)comPhoto credit: traderjoes(dot)com

Nom, nom, nom!Nom, nom, nom!

Trader Joe's Kimbap ($3.99) has a cult following and is nearly impossible to find. If you can find them, there's a limit (at least here in SF) of 2 per person, to allow everyone an opportunity to buy. One of the best items I've had from Trader Joe's.

Cross-posted from Re: What's on your plate? 

Ohhhh adding these to a list @itsfi !  I've never seen them pre made before. 

Definitely grab a pack, two, if you see them @missjeanie. I didn’t feel like I needed any sauces with it. The rice is well seasoned and holds up remarkably well for a frozen product that is put through the microwave. 

@itsfi I need to look for it next time I go. Korean food is 😍

@makeitup305, they’ve gone through their current stock in a lot of store, but I imagine there will be more coming. I heard they expanded their facility which helped to increase production after they sold out the first time. Their selection of Korean foods have expanded as well. 

@itsfi I need to swing by and try some more of their stuff. I just get overwhelmed at TJs with all the options.

@itsfi looks yummy!

@greeneyedgirl107, it was delicious. 😋 

@itsfi @Did you see all the Ube items they had in store? It’s so popular at my store they have to put limits on them. 

@SportyGirly125, they had the ube pretzels and cookies (I think they're cookies?) on the shelves, but the ube mochi ice cream hasn't found its way to the frozen ice cream section yet though as I think about it, I'm not actually sure the store closest to me stocks that flavor. Hmmm... The ube items don't seem as popular at the store closest to me as some other locations, so there hasn't been a limit on them. 

@itsfi funny, I was at TJs today and saw those for the first time!  I had no idea that it was such a hot item.

@CookieGirl1, that is funny. 😆 I know that there was a controversy surrounding them when they first became available (last year, I think) and I can understand how there are mixed feelings. This is the first time I've had frozen kimbap that needed to be microwaved 🤔, so I had some skepticism going in, but I was presently surprised. Have you had kimbap before? Either way, if you're interested in trying TJ's version, they are worth checking out. 

@itsfi I actually haven't ever had it before; I guess I need to actually look at what it is and then consider picking up a box next time I go.

@CookieGirl1, that sounds like a good approach. I’ve had a couple of discussions (yep, food is a big topic of conversation 😆) with friends and family about these treats and similar ones, including freshly made kimbap, and we were all impressed with many components of the TJs version.

Oh I need to visit my local TJ soon @itsfi . I love these kinds of snacks from TJ 🥰

Oooh, I'd love to hear what you think of the TJ version @blackkitty2014

@itsfi @How does it taste?  My Dad loves Kimbap. 

@SportyGirly125, it's delicious! I was impressed. I think Koreatown in SoCal has some amazing food so I can't say how it would compare to the kimbap you might find there, but these Trader Joe's kimbap were excellent. There's a Korean market here and they have some good kimbap but I actually think the TJ one was better. I don't think it was because I was really hungry either. But, let your dad be the judge! Especially if he loves kimbap. Would he be up for a blind taste test?

774 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos280
  • 3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg
  • AD8148DD-72DE-455C-808E-1AA7726AF826.jpeg
  • 5528F782-7C89-494A-840B-C1F448668F13.jpeg
  • 162EAB03-9B62-43C0-8FE3-B9A0544DB3A1.jpeg
  • 7F4E44EC-40FA-4DCB-AC96-2852B8C84F9E.jpeg
  • D5E6C891-1D01-4E1F-91F8-15A179ABAEDD.jpeg
  • 68564AAD-AAB0-4B01-ACA7-00E64DB7970E.jpeg
  • BB9B917B-564A-4185-98BE-7431524E580F.jpeg
  • F2F21143-28A4-4400-B2E1-AE5A2F997D2D.jpeg