Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Sephora Savings Event 2024 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Sephora Savings Event 2024Sephora Savings Event 2024

The birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and here in the Beauty Insider Community, we know what that means…. The Sephora Savings Event is upon us! We believe that it’s never too early to start building your basket, so get that loves list ready and prepare to shop this epic event. 🌸

This thread serves as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all those hard beauty shopping decisions. Whether you’re looking to save on some skincare splurges, get a discount on a new designer fragrance, or need help deciding between all the new makeup that’s been popping up on your social feed, your fellow Community members are here to help. Head to this thread to show off your shopping haul, ask questions, or sound off with your own recommendations… just don’t forget to come back to share all your unboxings, swatches, and more! 🛍

If you’re Rouge like us, you can shop in-store or online starting Friday, 4/5 with a 20% discount with the code YAYSAVE. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/9, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Tuesday, 4/9. And of course, don’t forget 30% off Sephora Collection all promo long, through 4/15! Find out more about the Sephora Savings Event on our FAQ thread here:Sephora Savings Event 2024 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know: What are you eyeing to buy during the Sephora Savings Event? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Sephora Savings Event 2024 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Ooh @faeriegirl !!! Is it orangey by any chance? I'm pretty fair and everything really shows up orange and I'm a bit skeptical 🫤 

@jaaayp  Here is a swatch of mine.IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

I’m not a fan of orangey bronzers either. It is warm but it doesn’t look orange to me.

Omg thank you @faeriegirl I really appreciate the swatch!!!! I actually just remembered that I picked up a hoola bronzer this month..... do I... need both?! 😂

B6F32D99-B871-47B8-9B7A-24449E9A1D4A.jpeg

Great haul and wow that's a beautiful bag @Lhanie 🌱🌸 

If you want you showcase your gorgeous haul you can post it here -->March Madness Beauty Hauls 2024 

@Nickelliebear1 I may get the PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo Just Enough I didn’t think it would look good on me and maybe it still won’t, but I saw it on a YouTuber and I liked it.

I want everything! It is too hard to choose!

Amoooo🧴🌸💗

Slay the day

For the Sephora Savings Event 2024, my basket is filled with skincare essentials like moisturizers and serums, including the cult-favorite Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream. I'm also eyeing some new makeup releases, such as the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara and the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Cream. Additionally, I plan to stock up on some haircare must-haves like the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3. What's in your basket for the Sephora Savings Event? Reception Chair 

I purchased a few mini luxe products recently because I prefer to like the product before spending $75> for an item I put in a drawer and never use. So I have a few full size products I can’t wait to buy. 

The first product I’m a bit concerned about because there are many shades no longer available, I have high hopes it will be re-stocked.

ROSE INC Softlight Skin-Smoothing Hydrating Non-Comedogenic Foundation 

This foundation gives a flawless finish like none other. I’ll start out by saying I’m old enough to honestly say I’ve tried almost every foundation out there. My price point started at the CoverGirl/Wet n Wild level and it’s been up to the Lawless/Givenchy/MAC serum level. I couldn’t find anything that wouldn’t cake up and cause my face to dry in the nose and chin area.
It always looked like it was peeling by the time I left for work. When I found Rose Inc. I was beyond grateful that I had finally found The ONE.

The second product I’m looking forward to is:

Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Primer Jumbo 1.8 oz / 55 mL 

All I need to say is this primer creates a flawless finish for your skin to prepare for your foundation. It’s just amazing. You don’t need but a pea sized amount so this sized primer will go a long way. 

That is a great idea to restock on your luxe items during the sale @ScottyL.  That is a really good point. Mini's are a nice way too get a introduction to a brand or thier products without investing to many dollars right away. 😍

The LYS blush sticks are my new favorite. Such gorgeous colors, I have Unfazed too. 

@Nickelo1980 the sale is s great time to get more of what you love 

This month I used an expiring Rouge Reward, so my spring sale list is shorter now. 

🔬Test subjects: 

#BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Clear-Wash: Detox Clarifying Shampoo 10.4 oz / 310 mL - Most clarifying shampoos shove my coils in a locker and steal their lunch money. I’m curious to see if Bread’s shampoo plays nicer with my hair while still cleaning (but not stripping) my scalp. Wish they hadn’t used the word “detox” in the product name since it’s completely meaningless in the context of skin and hair, but I’ll overlook that if the shampoo works well.

Brown Girl Jane Discovery Set - I’m really only interested in one of the fragrances in this set, and it’s one Sephora doesn’t carry a full size of. Eh, might as well smell the other fragrances in this set while I’m at it. Kinda wish Carnivale was in this set so I could see if it’s too sweet smelling for me… maybe that travel size will sneak into my Spring Savings cart. 🤔

Restocks: 

PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Curl Gel 25 oz/ 740 mL - I just bought a jumbo bottle elsewhere, but I might as well buy another since I can see myself quickly running through this gel. Applied to wet hair, it defines my curls and coils yet leaves them feeling soft to the touch, with no hard crunchy cast, and that definition lasts for 2 days on my hair. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Dry Shampoo Brush Cleaner - my longtime fave spot cleaner for squirrel hair brushes between true thorough washings. I buy at least a couple cans each annual sale event.

Ami Colé Ultra-Flex Clear Eyebrow Shaping Gel Clear - still my favorite brow gel for the look I prefer on myself. It won’t give a laminated look and doesn’t have super strong hold. Instead, it fluffs my sparse brows enough that I can use just a small amount of brow pencil for natural looking brows. 

Boy Smells Hinoki Fantôme Candle 8.5 oz / 240 g Candle - finished my old one this week, so it’s time to get another one. If Sephora still had Boy Smells Thé Fantôme Candle in stock, I’d repurchase that one too. 

👩‍👧‍👦Expanding the family: 

LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks Bubbly - after wearing Unfazed all day, I knew I needed a second shade of this dewy long-wearing blush stick. If I can swatch other shades in-store, I might pick a different one instead; need to see how close Bubbly and Unfazed are on my skin tone. 

👻Haunting me: 

VOLUSPA Cordless Fragrance Oil Diffuser - I keep saying I’ll buy it but still haven’t. Maybe I will this time! 

🔮TBD (upcoming releases): 

Westman Atelier Lip Suede Hydrating Matte Lipstick with Hyaluronic Acid - I need to swatch these in person so I can maybe talk myself out of buying more lipstick, aka The Thing I Have No Business Buying More Of.

Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Blooming Romance - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips - now that I see it’s not as pink as color story as initial promo photos made it seem, I’ll wait to see it in person. I expect its formulas to perform as well as those in the first Groundwork palette. I’m just not sure I want/need a berry version in addition to the original. 

@WinglessOne I'm considering the new groundwork palette as well. I've been enjoying the first one.

These picks are fantastic it’s always amazing to slim down the list, the ever growing list haha 😂 love these. Congrats on your reward! Can’t wait to hear how you like them all 🫶❤️ @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne the Danessa Myricks palette looks like it could create some very dramatic looks.  

Oooooo definitely grabbing my favorite lip product in more colors. Tarte Maracuja lip plumbs! So excited!!🥰🥰🥰

1 Reply
testing