Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!

TeamBIC_0-1709311651362.png

We’re kicking off March right by bringing back the BIC’s favorite beauty bracket challenge – Makeup Madness! 😉 For the fourth year in a row, we’re putting makeup-related categories to the test by asking Community members to pick their favorite between two every week. At the end of the bracket, we’ll know which makeup category will earn this year’s Community Champion crown. 👑

In past years, Mascara, Lipstick, and Eyeshadow have earned the honorable title of Makeup Madness winner. This year, we’re bringing eight fresh categories into the frenzy – we’ll reveal them slowly and keep a visual of the current bracket updated below! 

Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!

To vote in Makeup Madness, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product within that category that you love! For example, the sparkle and shine queen @AlexBT might respond with, “Lip oil! One of my favorites is Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany." 

On your marks … get set … go! New voting rounds begin on Fridays, and end the following Thursday at 2pm Pacific Time:

• ROUND 1 (3/1 – 3/7): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Tinted Lip Balm
  • ROUND 2 (3/8 – 3/14): Brushes (👑) vs. Sponges
  • ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Contour Stick
  • ROUND 4 (3/22 – 3/28): Eyelash Curler (👑) vs. Eyeshadow Primer
  • ROUND 5 (3/29 – 4/4): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Brushes
  • ROUND 6 (4/5 – 4/11): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Eyelash Curler
  • FINAL ROUND (4/12 – 4/18): Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/19): Cream Blush!

Hit “Reply” below to vote for your personal pick in this week’s makeup category match up and tag your favorite by using the “#” symbol! Don’t forget to check back in for each week’s results and to participate in the next round of voting. 😊

UPDATE 4/19/24: Thanks to everyone who voted in this year's Makeup Madness Challenge! Our 2024 champion is none other than Cream Blush, and lots of you tagged your favorites in the replies. 🧡 In honor of our winning category, here are the five top-tagged cream blushes of Makeup Madness 2024.

1. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo 
  2. LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks 
  3. Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush 
  4. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 
  5. Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick 

And just for fun, here's a look at some of the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – Round 2: Brushes vs. Sponges

Brushes - 🎶 tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1999!🎵 That’s what I hear* each time I use both the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #19 and SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 for the same look. The 99 is my favorite brush for cream blushes. The 19 is such a good eyeshadow brush for crease and outer corner work, I own 3 of ‘em. And special shoutout to Charlotte Tilbury’s Air-Brush Bronzing Brush, my retractable dense-yet-fluffy travel buddy for easy brightening/finishing powder application. (Sephora no longer carries it or I’d tag it.) 

This round’s a super easy choice! Brushes absorb less product during use than sponges do. They’re also much easier to wash and keep cootie-free. And I always have better control with a brush than a sponge. The only makeup sponges that touch my face are the flat compact sponges I use to reapply sunscreen over makeup throughout the day. 

*One of my rules to live by: if you don’t like at least one Prince song or one Queen song, then we can’t be friends. 😂

Love that song @WinglessOne 

This is an easy one SEPHORA COLLECTION Ready to Roll Makeup Brush Set .  It has everything you need .

That's a good set @CorgiMommy.  It has everything and a bag to carry it in. 😃

I am team brush!! 😁 I am in love with the Sephora Collection brushes. They are soft, work like a dream and my favorites are SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #14 , SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96, SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Contour Brush #79 and SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #64 

I love my Sephora Collection brushes too @Saradestin 😀 especially my SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22 🖌💫

(And they go on sale a few times a year 😉 how handy is that?? )

@CorgiMommy, it's a such a good brush.  It's a stippling brush in disguise.

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – Round 1: Lip Oil vs. Tinted Lip Balm

Obviously tinted lip balm! Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Vanilla Beige LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry 

I personally prefer lip oil. I already love my natural lip colour but sometimes I want some shine. I really like the dior lip oil but it is on the more expensive side. If anyone has cheaper versions of the dior lip oil, I would love to hear recommendations. 

@Jasmig1738 I love Dior lip oils, so hydrating

@Jasmig1738  A ‘Pieu Honey and Milk is the closest thing I’ve ever come to the consistency and hydration of Dior but it only comes in the honey shade.  

IMG_3687.jpeg

iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Glaze Lip Oil Merlot These are pretty darn close.  They’re a little thicker than the Dior but they are equally as hydrating and have fruity flavours.  The tints are more opaque than the Dior but still give that sheer jelly lip. 

@heartsmyface  I love the A'pieu Honey & Milk! 😃

The balms by Summer Fridays look good 🤩 @EmmaWilli 

Definitely lip oil for me since I can pair it

with any lipstick and not change the color 

I realized if this bracket was offered last year I would definitely have voted for lip balm. After I tried various versions of tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm that it was both moisturizing and left a nice amount of tint. Other products I enjoy are Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Lip Balm and LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss . iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Glaze Lip Oil Piña Colada has my heart ❤️ at the moment.

@Loretta55  I chose lip oil but I do love the maracuja juicy lips!!  I power through those so quickly!  

I too am going to vote lip oil for this one! Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil Honesty is one of my go-tos. 🙂

@GeorginaBT that is a beautiful shade you picked, very classy 

1 Reply
testing