Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!

TeamBIC_0-1709311651362.png

We’re kicking off March right by bringing back the BIC’s favorite beauty bracket challenge – Makeup Madness! 😉 For the fourth year in a row, we’re putting makeup-related categories to the test by asking Community members to pick their favorite between two every week. At the end of the bracket, we’ll know which makeup category will earn this year’s Community Champion crown. 👑

In past years, Mascara, Lipstick, and Eyeshadow have earned the honorable title of Makeup Madness winner. This year, we’re bringing eight fresh categories into the frenzy – we’ll reveal them slowly and keep a visual of the current bracket updated below! 

Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!

To vote in Makeup Madness, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product within that category that you love! For example, the sparkle and shine queen @AlexBT might respond with, “Lip oil! One of my favorites is Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany." 

On your marks … get set … go! New voting rounds begin on Fridays, and end the following Thursday at 2pm Pacific Time:

• ROUND 1 (3/1 – 3/7): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Tinted Lip Balm
  • ROUND 2 (3/8 – 3/14): Brushes (👑) vs. Sponges
  • ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Contour Stick
  • ROUND 4 (3/22 – 3/28): Eyelash Curler (👑) vs. Eyeshadow Primer
  • ROUND 5 (3/29 – 4/4): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Brushes
  • ROUND 6 (4/5 – 4/11): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Eyelash Curler
  • FINAL ROUND (4/12 – 4/18): Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/19): Cream Blush!

Hit “Reply” below to vote for your personal pick in this week’s makeup category match up and tag your favorite by using the “#” symbol! Don’t forget to check back in for each week’s results and to participate in the next round of voting. 😊

UPDATE 4/19/24: Thanks to everyone who voted in this year's Makeup Madness Challenge! Our 2024 champion is none other than Cream Blush, and lots of you tagged your favorites in the replies. 🧡 In honor of our winning category, here are the five top-tagged cream blushes of Makeup Madness 2024.

1. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo 
  2. LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks 
  3. Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush 
  4. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 
  5. Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick 

And just for fun, here's a look at some of the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – Round 2: Brushes vs. Sponges

Awww, building a brush collection is so much fun @AMK721❣️ 

@TeamBIC  Thats a tough one.  I really like brushes nowadays but I do always bounce my setting powders into my foundation with a beauty blender for a seamless finish.  Ugh, I can’t live without either but I COULD live without one or the other…I think I could get the same finish I get with a sponge with my fingers so I’m going to go with brushes based off that technicality.  My favourite brushes are by Armani, hakuhodo and also I have a special place in my heart for the Sephora X Primrose brushes.   Armani Beauty Blush Brush 

@heartsmyface, ahhhh Armani brushes. 😍 They had a half-moon shaped one that was exquisite. They remind me of Hakuhodo brushes; I feel like they may have had a set of brushes, way back when, that were made for the brand by Hakuhodo. Hmmm... where's that box with my bushes go??? 

Brushes for me too! 😇 My favorite recently is Saie The Base Foundation Brush.

@GeorginaBT, oh, this is a beauty! I like how it blends the Starglow Gel (and other liquids) into skin. Great choice!

I am on Team Brush 🖌️ for sure. Though I do have uses for and enjoy a good sponge like my Beauty Blenders, I love my brushes and how handy they are for all things makeup. 🌠

(I picked up SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO 8 Piece Brush Set and let me tell you if it comes back during the holiday season, it's a fantastic purchase.. They are soft and well made imo. My set on its way to turning 2 years old and they are holding up wonderfully.)

Happy 2nd birthday to your brushes @CynthieLu! Sephora Collection brushes hold up very well.

Team Brushes 100%! There are so many wonderful brands and sizes and shapes to choose from to get a desired look. Some faves are:

BK Beauty Brushes 101&109 / Nikki La Rose Set

Rose and Ben face and eye brushes

Sephora Collection brushes. I have an eye and face set that I can no longer tag. 

I believe brushes also last a lot longer than sponges and are more sanitary. I like sponges, however I reach for brushes much more often.

@Mellmars1185, this is the first I've heard of Rose and Ben. Will have to look them up!

@itsfiOh I am excited for you! If you have any questions about the brushes, let me know. I own a few😉

I had a good chuckle at "I own a few." Means you are exactly who I need to come to with my questions @Mellmars1185! Speaking of which, of their brushes, which would you say are ones to definitely try first?

@itsfi I like all of the brushes I own from her. I have two favourites. The C42 Foundation Brush blends out foundation really well. I like how dense the brush is for thicker formulas (or any). My favourite eye brush is the E28 shading and blending brush. I use the side of the brush for above my crease and the tip for the socket. Her videos are super helpful. 

I am on the same team @Mellmars1185 😉 Brushes for the win! 🙌

Team Brush! Though I generally love pink brushes and sponges, here are 3 of my favorites pink brushes, including the new dae Fairy Duster Dry Shampoo Blending Brush 

IMG_0178.jpeg

I have been enjoying my Beautyblender POWER POCKET PUFF™ Dual-Sided Powder Puff for Setting and Baking that I think was on sale today.

I love that poofy one @sister13 - it looks so soft, wispy and fun! 💗

Thanks! It’s a treasured favorite! @itsfi 

@sister13 How are you liking the dry shampoo brush? I have had my eye on it.

Well, tbh I just bought it because it was cute! It seems to work to blend in the powder but I haven’t t necessarily been reaching for it since I just fluff it with my fingers generally. It’s really soft, so I may end up using it on my face!

🩷🩷 @Mellmars1185 

Team brushes…. Sponges carry bacteria and mold. 

@TeamBIC if it's specifically for foundation, I do like sponges better Beautyblender Beautyblender® pro one pro beautyblender 

But eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, of course brushes are better SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96 

That's a really good point @lmaster My favorite way to apply concealer is with a angled sponge. Everything else, I'm all for team brush. 💝

4 Replies
testing