Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!

TeamBIC_0-1709311651362.png

We’re kicking off March right by bringing back the BIC’s favorite beauty bracket challenge – Makeup Madness! 😉 For the fourth year in a row, we’re putting makeup-related categories to the test by asking Community members to pick their favorite between two every week. At the end of the bracket, we’ll know which makeup category will earn this year’s Community Champion crown. 👑

In past years, Mascara, Lipstick, and Eyeshadow have earned the honorable title of Makeup Madness winner. This year, we’re bringing eight fresh categories into the frenzy – we’ll reveal them slowly and keep a visual of the current bracket updated below! 

Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!

To vote in Makeup Madness, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product within that category that you love! For example, the sparkle and shine queen @AlexBT might respond with, “Lip oil! One of my favorites is Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany." 

On your marks … get set … go! New voting rounds begin on Fridays, and end the following Thursday at 2pm Pacific Time:

• ROUND 1 (3/1 – 3/7): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Tinted Lip Balm
  • ROUND 2 (3/8 – 3/14): Brushes (👑) vs. Sponges
  • ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Contour Stick
  • ROUND 4 (3/22 – 3/28): Eyelash Curler (👑) vs. Eyeshadow Primer
  • ROUND 5 (3/29 – 4/4): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Brushes
  • ROUND 6 (4/5 – 4/11): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Eyelash Curler
  • FINAL ROUND (4/12 – 4/18): Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/19): Cream Blush!

Hit “Reply” below to vote for your personal pick in this week’s makeup category match up and tag your favorite by using the “#” symbol! Don’t forget to check back in for each week’s results and to participate in the next round of voting. 😊

UPDATE 4/19/24: Thanks to everyone who voted in this year's Makeup Madness Challenge! Our 2024 champion is none other than Cream Blush, and lots of you tagged your favorites in the replies. 🧡 In honor of our winning category, here are the five top-tagged cream blushes of Makeup Madness 2024.

1. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo 
  2. LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks 
  3. Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush 
  4. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 
  5. Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick 

And just for fun, here's a look at some of the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – Round 2: Brushes vs. Sponges

Brushes! I’m not a big fan of sponges, @TeamBICHourglass Retractable Foundation Brush 

I'm always looking for a good retractable brush; making a note of this one @curlychiquita.

Oooh your Hourglass Brush looks so good! @curlychiquita 🤩

ROUND 2 - Even though I use a beauty sponge most of the time for foundation, I'm on the BRUSHES bus @TeamBIC. I rotate through brushes (mainly because laziness can set in when it comes to cleaning my brushes every night); my current go-to's include: 

Makeup Madness 2 - Brushes.jpg

🖌  SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #15 - I have small, hooded eyes and this is the 🐐 GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) brush when it comes to laying down my eyeshadow. When I was in NYC last year, I realized I forgot to pack my brushes with me. I went to a Sephora the next day to pick up another of this brush.

🖌‌‌  SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #64 - this one is a beauty when it comes to liquid foundation, as others like @Saradestin@danielledanielle & @CorgiMommy have mentioned. 

🖌  MAKE UP FOR EVER 156 Large Flat Blush Brush is one I like for powder blush 

🖌  Kevyn Aucoin The Concealer Brush (discontinued) - the tip on this brush is phenomenal ❣️ for pinpoint concealing. 😘 It's tiny, precise, pointed but still flexible. I was really bummed when I learned they stopped making this beauty. 

🖌  Houkodou lip brush - I don't typically use a lip brush, but one of the items I'm aiming to hit pan on is the Westman Atelier lip palette an a lip brush comes in handy. 💄 Do I need a fancy one like this Houkodou lip brush to apply those lip colors? No. Any lip brush will do. But I like this fancy one.

🖌  Wayne Goss E1 - for bronzer. @TraceyEB mentioned how fabulous this brush was for applying bronzer. She's not wrong. Thank you, tracyeb! 😀

Lol @itsfi the Brush Bus 😂 you're making me smile. All aboard! 🚌

@CynthieLu, looky what I found on Etsy - 

Etsy VW Bus Makeup Brush Holder.png

😂🤣😂 

But seriously, how cute?! I'm imagining it with a black and white color scheme and Sephora and/or Beauty Insider Community written on the side! 😍 How fun would that be?!! @TeamBIC 

@itsfi,  HOMG....I WANTS IT

Geeeeeet it! @danielledanielle 

Oooh you didn't 😂 I love it thou!! @itsfi. 💝💝

I can see it now, The BIC Beauty Bus. 🖤🤍 I think you are definitely onto something here. 

I love Sephora Collection and Make Up For Ever brushes! Well, and Hakuhodo, lol. @itsfi 

I've told myself to try to rein it in with brush hauls this year @sister13. It's one of those things we'll just have to wait and see. Wait and see what comes out, that is! 😂 I've been good with not picking up every Sonia G. release, pretty though they are. But it's only a matter of time before a fude style brush set becomes too hard to resist. 

I’m pretty much maxed out on brushes, too, though I’m eyeing the Danessa Myricks newer one she released. I try to tell myself more brushes are just more brushes to clean, lol. @itsfi 

That is the reality of more brushes, isn’t it @sister13? But when I see them, I tell myself I’ll have another 1 … 2 … 10 more to use until I need to do a wash day! 😂 

@itsfi, honoured to make your list again! I still use the FI for products that hug the contours of the face! Probably my favourite brush of Wayne's new face brushes!

@TraceyEB, the F1 is a beauty! 😍 That and the F4 are ones I reach for often from his collection. I'm also hoarding his waterproof mascara. I have one left in my stash; hoping his new line comes out before I cave and break it open. 😆

@itsfi, I've been using the F1 regularly and the F3 lately just to indulge in a large powder brush but all are in rotation as I have yet to put them away. Alas, I finished my WG mascara and have been waiting for a restock. It's a good one!

I definitely have to go with brushes. Sephora Collection Pro are some of my top favorites. SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #50 

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80 

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 

Absolutely love SC brushes! 🩷🩷🩷 @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl, yes to the 80! 🙌🏽 It's so big and fluffy, and just feels so plush on the skin.

I prefer brushes over sponges because they give better coverage and require less product. Sponges soak up so much product. I use both, it just depends on the look I’m going for.

@TeamBIC I love a good sponge but I use more brushes. 

TOM FORD Bronzer Brush 05 

Tom Ford blush brush

NARS ITA Kabuki Brush 

MAC brushes 217, 227, 235

PATRICK TA Blush Brush #1 

Artis Oval 10

12 Replies
testing