Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!

TeamBIC_0-1709311651362.png

We’re kicking off March right by bringing back the BIC’s favorite beauty bracket challenge – Makeup Madness! 😉 For the fourth year in a row, we’re putting makeup-related categories to the test by asking Community members to pick their favorite between two every week. At the end of the bracket, we’ll know which makeup category will earn this year’s Community Champion crown. 👑

In past years, Mascara, Lipstick, and Eyeshadow have earned the honorable title of Makeup Madness winner. This year, we’re bringing eight fresh categories into the frenzy – we’ll reveal them slowly and keep a visual of the current bracket updated below! 

Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!

To vote in Makeup Madness, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product within that category that you love! For example, the sparkle and shine queen @AlexBT might respond with, “Lip oil! One of my favorites is Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany." 

On your marks … get set … go! New voting rounds begin on Fridays, and end the following Thursday at 2pm Pacific Time:

• ROUND 1 (3/1 – 3/7): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Tinted Lip Balm
  • ROUND 2 (3/8 – 3/14): Brushes (👑) vs. Sponges
  • ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Contour Stick
  • ROUND 4 (3/22 – 3/28): Eyelash Curler (👑) vs. Eyeshadow Primer
  • ROUND 5 (3/29 – 4/4): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Brushes
  • ROUND 6 (4/5 – 4/11): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Eyelash Curler
  • FINAL ROUND (4/12 – 4/18): Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/19): Cream Blush!

Hit “Reply” below to vote for your personal pick in this week’s makeup category match up and tag your favorite by using the “#” symbol! Don’t forget to check back in for each week’s results and to participate in the next round of voting. 😊

UPDATE 4/19/24: Thanks to everyone who voted in this year's Makeup Madness Challenge! Our 2024 champion is none other than Cream Blush, and lots of you tagged your favorites in the replies. 🧡 In honor of our winning category, here are the five top-tagged cream blushes of Makeup Madness 2024.

1. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo 
  2. LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks 
  3. Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush 
  4. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 
  5. Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick 

And just for fun, here's a look at some of the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – Round 3: Cream Blush vs. Contour Stick

How beautiful! I’ve never tried fenty beauty, I am inspired!!! @qubes 🤩

It works really well! And is non slip proof

Round 3: Cream Blush vs. Contour Stick

I've started back up with using both, but am reaching for cream blushes much more, so it is Cream Blushes for me this round @TeamBIC! Here are the ones I'm currently reaching for with some frequency - 

Round 3 - Cream Blushes 1.jpg

Round 3 - Cream Blushes 2.jpg

MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Cheeky 

Tower 28 Beauty x Kung Fu Panda Dumpling Hour - this was part of a limited edition set for Lunar New Year

Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick Hibiscus 

@itsfi  Tower 28 and Merit are definitely my top favorites- I love the name of the Kung Fu Panda one! 😍😊

@Shosh85, I have to confess that the name, Dumpling Hour, tipped it for me in terms of deciding to pick up the set it was a part of. 🛍 It also made me hungry for dumplings! 😋

Those swatches are so pretty @itsfi! I love Merit cheeky🩷

@faeriegirl, the Merit cream blushes are soooo good. Which shades do you have?

@itsfi  I have Stockholm , Beverly Hills, and Fox. I used to have Cheeky and Raspberry Beret but I don’t know what I’ve done with them.

Adore your picks @itsfi  such beautiful creamy colors, they look like they blend beautifully too. Thank you for sharing the swatches as well ❤️

Awww, thank you @peculiarzmakeup! 😁 These were super easy to blend. I was nervous about the Tower 28 because it's one of those cream blushes that you can easily sheer out or build up. 

You did splendid! I love seeing examples it’s so helpful when searching for a product 🤩 @itsfi 

@TeamBIC 

• ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush vs. Contour Stick

cream blush although I do love a good contour stick 

Melt Cosmetics Cream Blushlight Honey Thief 

MAC Cosmetics Glow Play Blush So Natural 

Lovey shades and choices! I really love the variety. This thread is giving me some great ideas and inspiration @SportyGirly125 💕

Cream blush for sure. I really don’t love contour sticks, I dunno, I just haven’t really mastered them. There are many cream blushes I enjoy using though. I think I have 6 shades of NUDESTIX Nudies Cream Blush All-Over-Face Color 

Love this shade! Besutiful creamy color! Thank you for sharing your pick 💕 @alexasteph 

Cream blush. Another super easy round for me because I don’t use contour sticks. What’s not easy is picking just 1 or 2 blushes to tag. 😅 I just tested my new LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks Unfazed and fell in love. I also still love their original LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Inspire (various shades). And I have to tag PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo She's Wanted, Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick, Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip Primado..., and my favorite cream blush, Glossier Cloud Paint Gel Cream Blush.  

Aaannnd plus also: I sometimes use 1 or more shades of Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Valentine (can’t tag without picking a specific shade) + a bit of Aquaphor or other mixing medium to create my own custom shade of cream blush. Works without a mixing medium, too, for a more matte finish. 

Great tags! Isn’t Unfazed amazing!! Pretty sure I’ll have to go back for LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks Bubbly and LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks Curvy , even though I don’t usually go for oranges, it’s so pretty! @WinglessOne 

@sister13  Bubbly’s also on my “get this one next” list. I need to swatch these shades in person though, because Bubbly might end up too close to Unfazed on my skin tone. Also curious to see how Curvy looks in person. It’s a pretty one! 

Bobbly is more bubble gummy, it’s so pretty. I was going to just buy it today but I got distracted with other things. Can’t wait to see that one on you if you get it and/or swatches!! @WinglessOne 

@sister13  Yeah, Bubbly looks different enough from Unfazed on lighter skin tones. But on my skin, pinks and roses sometimes look too similar to one another. 😉 I mean I trust LYS to have made these 2 (and the other pink/fuchsia Sephora doesn’t carry) shades not look identical, but my particular skin tone(s) + undertone sometimes skew blush colors. I’ll find out soon enough if Bubbly’s distinct enough to purchase. 🙂 

I know you know what you’re talking about! Good luck with the testing! @WinglessOne 

8 Replies
testing